2019 Yamaha Viking VI EPS
Viking VI EPS
Room For The Whole Crew
With room for 6, the Viking VI EPS tackles tough terrain and even tougher chores thanks to Proven Off‑Road capability, a comfortable cabin, dumping cargo bed and more.
- Torquey 700-Class Engine: The Viking VI EPS is ready to conquer whatever comes its way with a powerful 686cc, liquid-cooled, fuel injected, SOHC power plant. This engine produces strong low-end acceleration and pulls hard through the rpm range to deliver excellent power for getting the job done or when hitting the trails.
- Room for Six: This 6-occupant machine achieves driver and passenger comfort with a class leading 115.6" wheelbase that smooths the ride and allows for best-in-class interior space. Both front and rear center seats are offset, as are the middle headrests, allowing for unmatched middle passenger comfort and convenience. All passengers have a 3-point seatbelt for riding comfort, and extensive noise and vibration reduction measures provide a smooth and quiet ride.
- High Volume Intake: The Viking VI EPS features a large-capacity air intake system that improves overall engine performance. The air cleaner box is easily accessible from inside the cabin for improved serviceability.
- Responsive and Reliable Ultramatic® Transmission: Ultramatic® transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive and reverse is the most advanced drive system available. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and the system features a sprag clutch for all-wheel downhill engine braking in 4WD mode and reverse.
- On-Command® 4WD: Industry-exclusive three-position On-Command® 4WD system lets you quickly dial between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential 4WD.
- Roomy Cabin and Cargo Capacity: The chassis design includes a convenient pass-through floor for greater ease of on-board movement, making it possible to enter and exit the vehicle from either side. The rear cargo bed is made of steel and is designed for a hefty load capacity of 600 pounds.
- Torquey 700-Class Engine: The Viking VI EPS is equipped with Yamaha's powerful 686cc engine with a broad, usable powerband. Liquid-cooling provides consistent performance, a four-valve head with 10.0:1 compression delivers optimum torque for virtually any workload, and up to a 30% gain in fuel efficiency compared to comparable two-valve designs.
- Yamaha Fuel Injection: Electronic fuel injection ensures peak performance in nearly all conditions and elevations, along with instantaneous cold starts and smooth response.
- Efficient Intake System: Large-capacity air intake system contributes to the engine's overall power development. Air injection system burns the un-combusted elements in the exhaust, resulting in even further reduced emissions.
- Clean-Running Drive Case: Specially designed drive system air intake helps prevent overheating and assists in keeping water and debris from entering the drive case.
- Gated Shifter: Convenient dash-mounted gated shift lever (L/H/N/R) provides simple Ultramatic transmission operation.
- Room for Six: This 6-occupant machine achieves driver and passenger comfort with a class leading 115.6" wheelbase that smooths the ride and allows for best-in-class interior space. Both front and rear center seats are offset, as are the middle headrests, allowing for unmatched middle passenger comfort and convenience. All passengers have a 3-point seatbelt for riding comfort, and extensive noise and vibration reduction measures provide a smooth and quiet ride. Front and rear passengers also have the convenience of an integrated handhold with hand-cushions that enhance comfort.
- Power Steering: Yamaha's proven electric power steering system on the Viking VI EPS offers excellent handling over all kinds of terrain, with lower steering effort for reduced fatigue after a long day in the field.
- Excellent Ground Clearance: A maximum 11.4-inch ground clearance delivers underbelly protection while enhancing terrainability. The Viking VI EPS' width also helps minimize 30" row crop damage.
- Powerful, Controllable Brakes: Large diameter front and rear wheel disc brakes provide unsurpassed stopping power, and the dash-mounted parking brake is simple and convenient to use, with a buzzer to notify the driver if the parking brake is accidentally left engaged.
- Hefty Towing Capability: Standard center-mounted, heavy-duty 2-inch receiver-style hitch can tow up to 1500 pounds.
- Secure Doors: Tough, rotomolded doors help keep mud, water and dirt on the trail where they belong, with robust automotive latches for years of reliable service.
- Convenient Cargo Bed: Stamped steel dump bed is rated to haul 600 pounds of gear and features tie-down hooks to ensure cargo is strapped down securely. The cargo bed can be unlatched and tilted from either side when needed, too. The bed rails have integrated mounting points to make installing genuine Yamaha accessories that much easier.
- Service Accessibility: The engine is located under the cargo bed and can be easily accessed when the bed is lifted. Center hood access for battery and other electrical components eases maintenance. Under-seat, tool-free air filter is a snap to service.
- Roomy, Comfortable Cabin: Padded head rests are included and the middle seat is set back for both driver and passenger comfort. The pass-through floor provides onboard ease of movement for getting in and out of the vehicle from either side.
- Digital Instrumentation: Digital instrument panel boasts multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and a fuel gauge.
- Underbody Protection: Steel skid plate under the frame provides protection from rocks and ruts and helps prevent the Viking VI EPS from getting stuck.
- Cabin Storage: A latching glove box is included to store smaller items such as cell phones, wallets, etc. The Viking VI EPS is also equipped with eight cup holders for passenger comfort.
- Rubber Cargo Bed Mat Standard: A durable rubber cargo bed mat further reduces noise and vibration while providing extra holding power for cargo.
- Big Fuel Tank: Large, 9.7-gallon fuel tank allows for long rides.
- Assembled in the USA: Proudly built Real World Tough™ and assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
- Engine Type: 686cc liquid-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 102.0mm x 84.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI)
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; L, H, N, R
- Final Drive: On-Command; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
- Suspension / Front: Independent double wishbone; 8.1 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Independent double wishbone with anti-sway bar; 8.1 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: Dual hydraulic disc
- Tires / Front: AT25 x 8-12
- Tires / Rear: AT25 x 10-12
- L x W x H: 153.5 in. x 61.8 in. x 76.6 in.
- Wheelbase: 115.6 in.
- Turning Radius: 244.1 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 11.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 9.7 gal.
- Wet Weight: 1695 lb.
- Bed Capacity: 600 lb.
- Towing Capacity: 1500 lb.
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty) - 10-Year V-Belt Limited Warranty
NOTES:Professional driver on closed course. Always protect the environment and wear your seat belt, helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Read the owner's manual and product warning labels before operation. Model shown with optional accessories. Vehicle specifications subject to change. Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- SOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 102.0mm x 84.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI)
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- Independent double wishbone
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- AT25 x 8-12
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double wishbone with anti-sway bar
- Rear Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc
- Rear Tire
- AT25 x 10-12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 1695 lb.
- 115.6 in.
- Front Travel
- 8.1 in.
- Rear Travel
- 8.1 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 11.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 9.7 gal.
- Box Capacity
- 600 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 1500 lb.
- Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; L, H, N, R
- Drive System
- On-Command; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
- 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty) - 10-Year V-Belt Limited Warranty